Rockaway Recycling Inc’s Commitment To Privacy:
To better protect your privacy we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
The Information We Collect:
Your privacy is important to us, so when we collect your email addresses or information during the course of business, we will not share your information with anyone for 3rd party use. The information will be used internally only for web site traffic analysis.
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to our sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
All the information and website content including, but not limited to; price information, price charts, images, videos, and blogs are copyrighted authorship material of Rockaway Recycling. Unauthorized use of this material can be subject to copyright laws and infringement. See More Here.
iScrap App, Inc:
iScrap App, Inc. is a separate entity from Rockaway Recycling but operates under the same terms & conditions and copyright protection. See More Here.
How To Contact Us:
If you have questions or concerns about these policies, please call Rockaway Recycling at 973.625.9560 or send us an email at email@example.com.
Rockaway Recycling Inc Environmental Policy:
At Rockaway Recycling Inc we maintain this Environmental Policy that within the defined scope of this Environmental, Health and Safety Management System (“EHSMS”) in accordance with the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our activities, products, and services.
Rockaway Recycling Inc. has developed a framework for setting and monitoring its environmental objectives established through Risk Assessment and Management Reviews.
Rockaway Recycling Inc accepts environmental responsibility for our activities and processes. We are committed to sound environmental practices and the prevention of pollution with the aim of attaining our environmental goals and objectives.
Rockaway Recycling Inc adheres to a Policy for managing used and end-of-life electronic equipment that is based on a “reuse, recover, dispose of” hierarchy of responsible management strategies.
Rockaway Recycling Inc. and its personnel are committed to complying with the applicable environmental requirements of the relevant legal authority, as well as the industry and any additional requirements to which the company subscribes; including the Responsible Recycling (“R2”) Standard.
Furthermore, Rockaway Recycling Inc. is committed to the review and continual improvement of our EHSMS and activities to minimize the impact on the environment.
Rockaway Recycling Inc. will prohibit the use of prison labor for the processing of Hazardous e-Waste throughout the Recycling Chain.
This Policy is to be communicated to all persons working for, or on behalf of, Rockaway Recycling Inc.
Rockaway Recycling Inc Health and Safety Policy:
Rockaway Recycling Inc. is committed to the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) of all persons within its facility. The OH&S contributes to all aspects of business performance as part of Rockaway Recycling Inc.’s commitment to continual improvement and the development of human factors including the culture, attitude and beliefs within Rockaway Recycling Inc.
Rockaway Recycling Inc’s management has set in place procedures to define, document and endorse this OH&S Policy, which includes its commitment to protecting the safety and health of persons at work and others who might be affected by their work activities.
This Policy will be achieved by:
- Adherence to all relevant International, Federal, State and local OH&S treaties, legislations, and regulations;
- Recognizing and implementing OH&S as an integral part of improving business performance;
- Achieving a high level of OH&S performance, and a commitment to continual cost-effective improvement in performance;
- Minimizing risk and preventing injury, illness, diseases and other incidents;
- Acknowledging that people are the key resource and promoting the general health and safety of employees;
- Providing adequate and appropriate resources to implement the Policy including access to competent specialist advice where necessary;
- Setting and publishing OH&S objectives, at a minimum, by internal notification;
- Placing management of OH&S as a prime responsibility of line management from most senior executive to first-line supervisory level;
- Ensuring the Policy is understood, implemented, and maintained, at all levels in the organization;
- Ensuring employee involvement, participation, and consultation to gain commitment to the Policy and its implementation;
- Ensuring that employees at all levels receive appropriate training and are competent to carry out their duties and responsibilities;
- Periodically reviewing the Policy, the management system, as well as auditing of compliance in an effort to continually improve the Policy;
- Periodically reporting OH&S management performance internally and to external parties where relevant.
Rockaway Recycling Inc Terms of Purchase:
- This transaction shall be governed by the Uniform Commercial Code, subject to exceptions and limitations hereinafter set forth, including all warranty protections (expressed or implied) and the remedies of Buyer for Seller’s breach. It is agreed this contract is entered into in the State of New Jersey and is to be construed and enforced under and pursuant to the laws of the State of New Jersey.
- These terms and conditions constitute an Offer to Purchase by Rockaway Recycling, Inc. (“Rockaway Recycling”) and are not an acceptance of any offer or terms which may have been submitted by Seller. Seller may accept this Offer to Purchase either by execution of the acknowledgment copy of the order set forth on the reverse side hereof, or acceptable electronic transmission, or other expressions of acceptance including shipment hereunder. Upon acceptance, this order shall constitute the entire agreement between the parties. Unless specifically agreed to in writing by Rockaway Recycling, signed by a duly authorized representative of Rockaway Recycling, no additional or different term or condition (except additional warranties given by Seller) of any quotation, acknowledgment, invoice or other form supplied by Seller shall become part of the contract, notwithstanding Rockaway Recycling’s failure to specifically object to such terms or conditions. The contract resulting from the acceptance of this order shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New Jersey.
- Except as otherwise specified, Seller warrants the goods covered by this contract are merchantable, free of all liens and encumbrances and conform with American Society for Testing and Materials (“A.S.T.M.”) specifications and/or the standard classification, Non-‐Ferrous Scrap or Ferrous Scrap, as applicable, latest circular by the Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI). When more than one class of goods is contained in a single delivery, the different lots must be segregated according to classification. Material received is subject to inspection and approval of Rockaway Recycling, or Rockaway Recycling’s customer. If one or more classes of such goods in a single delivery shall, after reasonable inspection, within the fair judgment of Rockaway Recycling or Rockaway Recycling’s customer, be deemed not suitable to comply with the agreed specifications, Rockaway Recycling or Rockaway Recycling’s Customer shall within in a reasonable time, notify the Seller of the details.
- In the event of nonconformity, non-delivery, partial delivery or late delivery of material under this contract, Rockaway Recycling may, at its sole option, in addition to any other rights and remedies it may have, (i) reject the entire shipment or accept and retain the material that conforms to the contracted specifications and reject the non-conforming material; (ii) cancel this contract; (iii) replace the material in the open market after due notice and within a reasonable time, recover from Seller the difference between the market price at the time of replacement and the contract price; (iv) return any or all nonconforming product to Seller for reimbursement, credit, or replacement; (v) correct or rework the material with all costs associated therewith to be charged and paid by Seller; or (vi) hold any and all-conforming on material, at Seller’s risk and expense, for disposal or correction according to Seller’s instructions. Any material rejected by Rockaway Recycling and returned to Seller will be returned at Seller’s risk and expense, including the cost of packaging, handling, inspecting, transporting, and any other cost incidental thereto.
- If a Free on Board (“F.O.B.”) point is not specified in this contract, the price stated is F.O.B. delivered to the consignee. Regardless of the point of delivery, all material shall be received subject to the acceptance of the ultimate consumer, with the weights and grading of that consumer to govern.
- Notwithstanding any other warranty or limitation of warranty herein, Seller warrants that the metal scrap to be delivered under this contract does not contain any “hazardous substance,” as that term is defined in § 101(14) of the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act, 42 U.S.C. § 6901(14), except those “hazardous substances” which are integral constituents of the metallic fraction of the scrap metal. Seller further warrants that the metal scrap contains no radionuclide or radioactive materials. Seller will indemnify and hold Rockaway Recycling and its customers harmless from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, actions, liabilities, losses, damages expenses, and including attorneys’ fees, resulting in whole or in part from a breach of the foregoing warranties. If the material is rejected because of the presence of hazardous substances, radionuclide, or radioactive materials, Rockaway Recycling shall have no responsibility for or title to the rejected material. Seller shall have sole responsibility for, and shall ensure, proper management of the material to prevent any release or threat of the release of any such hazardous substances, radionuclide, or radioactive materials to the environment. Unless Seller makes other arrangements, Seller shall return all such rejected material to its point of origin at Seller’s expense. If Seller refuses to remove the rejected material, Rockaway Recycling may return it to its point of origin at Seller’s expense, or may otherwise manage the material and arrange for its disposal at Seller’s expense. Seller agrees to assume any and all liability for such shipment or management, and any and all liability resulting from the return or disposal of the rejected material.
- Seller shall furnish all carrier identification numbers, such as railcar or barge or trailer (including seal numbers if sealed) numbers to Rockaway Recycling upon loading. The risk of non-availability of railcars or barges or trailers or any resulting delays in delivery is on the Seller. Any demurrage or other expenses caused by the failure of Seller to furnish such information upon loading shall be paid by Seller.
- Upon Rockaway Recycling’s request, Rockaway Recycling and Seller will facilitate business transactions by electronically transmitting data. Any data electronically transmitted pursuant to this contract will be as legally sufficient, binding and enforceable upon the parties as a written signed paper document exchanged between the parties, notwithstanding any legal requirement that the data be in writing or signed.
- No assignment of this contract shall be made without prior written consent of the other party.
- Rockaway Recycling or Rockaway Recycling’s customer to whom Rockaway Recycling directs the material shall promptly after receipt classify, weigh, sample, assay and appraise the material. The weights and grades as determined by Rockaway Recycling’s or Rockaway Recycling’s customer to whom Rockaway Recycling directs the material shall be accepted as final. Upon sufficient notice by Seller prior to delivery, Seller shall have the right to be represented at the weighing and grading of the materials.
- Prevention or delay of Seller’s delivery caused by Acts of God, work stoppages or interruption, fire, flood, the elements, casualty, default by any common carrier, or which are due to Government regulations or restrictions affecting Seller, or inability of Rockaway Recycling or Rockaway Recycling’s customer to whom Rockaway Recycling directs material to accept or receive shipment when due, or other cause beyond the Seller’s control, shall entitle Rockaway Recycling to extend the time for performance and delivery for a period or periods of time which, in Rockaway Recycling’s discretion, appears to be reasonable; or Rockaway Recycling may, at its option cancel the purchase without further liability on the part of Rockaway Recycling.
- Weight shall be specified on the front of this contract. A “net ton” is understood to be 2,000 pounds; a “gross ton” is understood to be 2,240 pounds; and a “metric ton” is understood to be 2,204.62 pounds, unless otherwise specified.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any term of this contract shall not affect the validity enforceability of the remainder of this contract or any of its other terms, and such other terms shall be construed as though such invalid or unenforceable term was not included herein.
RRCats.com / Catalytic Control Terms of Purchase:
- By requesting a quote, contacting, shipping, and/or selling scrap catalytic converters and any other scrap metal to Rockaway Recycling, you are agreeing to and/or confirming, the following:
- You are the rightful owner of the items/materials or have permission from the owner to sell the material for scrap value.
- You have legally obtained either the catalytic converter you are selling, or have legally obtained the vehicle containing the catalytic converter you are selling.
- You are submitting, with the catalytic converter, all requested documentation verifying your legal ownership of either the catalytic converter or the vehicle that the catalytic converter was attached to.
- You are submitting documentation verifying your identity with the catalytic converter.
- You have never been charged with, or convicted of, a theft crime, possession of stolen property, receipt of stolen property, dealing, trafficking, initiating, organizing, planning, financing, directing, managing, or supervising trafficking in stolen property, possession of defaced access devices, or possession of a cargo carrier without property documentation.
- You are agreeing that if you ship a catalytic converter without all requested documentation, the catalytic converter will be returned to you at the return address on the package, and all information supplied to Rockaway Recycling will be forwarded to the local law enforcement agency in the jurisdiction of the return address.
- You are agreeing that if, for any reason, the catalytic converter cannot be returned to the return address, it will be shipped to the local police department where the package originated and Rockaway Recycling will not take possession of the catalytic converter.
- You understand that Rockaway Recycling Cats will not accept possession of any catalytic converter where the seller’s legal ownership cannot be verified.
- By submitting this information to Rockaway Recycling Cats, and mailing the CC, you are representing that you have the legal right to sell the CC you mail, and further, that you are in full compliance with any and all legal requirements applicable to the sale of CCs in your jurisdiction. You are responsible for all shipping costs and tracking for Materials $200 or below. We suggest getting tracking information and/or insurance for your package to ensure coverage.
- Orders $200 and above RRCats.com Shipping Process is included:
- This Only Applies: To Full(Honeycomb Inside) OEM Catalytic Converters, Doesn’t Apply to Aftermarket Catalytic Converters or Loose Catalytic Material.
- If we receive your material and it is not as described and originally quoted, Rockaway Recycling has the right to refuse shipping reimbursement payments & the charge for shipping will be taken from your payment.
- Rockaway Recycling is not responsible or liable for lost packages before arriving at our location.
- By contacting Rockaway Recycling for a quote, you allow Rockaway Recycling to follow up with time-sensitive communications following your request.
- By requesting a quote via text message, you are allowing Rockaway Recycling to keep your phone number on file to follow up with your request with automated messages.
- Your phone number will not be added to a subscription list that does not apply to your customer request.
- Rockaway Recycling is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with any text messages.
- By contacting Rockaway Recycling via email you are agreeing to be added to our email subscription service, MailChimp for Catalytic Converter Scrap.
- Rockaway Recycling is not responsible for any payment fees applied via PayPal.
- By communicating with Rockaway Recycling via email, text, or phone, any information that may be exchanged will be made available for official purposes if requested by authorities.
- RRCats.com reserves the right to request catalytic converters to be refined before payment when 3+ of the same catalytic converter is sent. This process can take 6-8 business weeks and once we have successfully refined and analyzed it, we will pay you for the recovery of the precious metals found inside. If you do not want to wait 6-8 weeks, you can pay/arrange to ship your material back at your own expense.
- We will not pay for material without an individual’s driver’s license on file.