Carbide Scrap Prices( March 27th, 2020, 7:57 am )
Interested in Shipping Us Your Carbide?
Step 1: Ship Us Your Carbide
When you are preparing to ship your carbide to us, be sure to do the following:
- Package material up securely so that it does not break the package when shipping.
- Include any quotes you have received from Rockaway Recycling.
- Include Payment information, including shipping address or PayPal/Venmo email address.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery.
Step 2: When Material Is Delivered
Once we receive you package in the mail, we will:
- Be sure to analyze the material to ensure it’s carbide scrap.
- Contact you with any questions we have.
- Pay you via check or PayPal/Venmo for your material once we receive it.
Aside from Paper Check, Available Online Payments:
Learn More About Carbide & It’s Scrap Value
Carbide is one of the most common tools used in machine shops today. Because it is such a reliable and hard alloy it is great for cutting and the longevity on it. It’s hardness is equal to diamonds…thus making it one of the best (and most expensive) drills bits out there. A great metal to recycle because it is so dense and heavy you will get a lot of weight in a small container.
Scrap Tungsten Carbide
Some people refer to carbide as Tungsten carbide, but it is more commonly known as carbide in the scrap world. Carbide is not a metal that you will find very often, it is not a common drill bit that is from hardware stores…but a very specialized drill bit (or any type of application) that will come from machine shops and other larger commercial industries.
We Will Analyze Your Material
Carbide is slightly magnetic…so don’t let that fool you to think that it is steel. If you don’t know if you have carbide that is no problem…just make sure you keep it separate and we will use our metal analyzer to confirm that it is carbide. Carbide end mills and carbide bits are some of, if not the most common tungsten based items that we get in for scrap, so if you think that you have some other type of carbide or tungsten material bring it in to us. We will use our XRF Analyzer and let you know what grade of material it is and pay you a fair price for it.
Different Types of Scrap Carbide:
We buy multiple types of carbide scrap other then the normal drill bits that you see day to day.
- TCI Drill Bits
- Auger Bits
- Mining Tools w/Carbide Bits
- Jewelry (Like wedding rings).
- Surgical tools
- Industries where things need to be pulvarized
- Sludge, Dust, or Dross
While carbide is not an everyday product, it is an item that we are always looking to buy. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask or send us pictures so we can help out more.