What’s Up With The Scrap Metal Market
Posted: October 9, 2015
We have been telling customers for a long time that the market has been inflated and that prices are going to be crazy…and unfortunately we have been right.
Steel Prices Are Dropping
With the market demand across the world going down for steel it has begun to really affect all of the metal markets and we have to continue to watch out for our customers. With steel prices down so much you have to watch out for what you pick up and how much weight that you need to be able to get any money for steel.
There’s Still Scrap To Be Found
But that doesn’t mean that there isn’t still great scrap to find. You may be able to really get some good finds because of many of the loads of material will be left out and you can find electric motors, insulated copper wire…and the other big item that we have heard a lot about is the computer scrap that is all over.
With computer scrap you have a few things to look out for:
- Computer Towers– They have great items that you can take apart inside. We highly recommend doing just that. You can make anywhere from 20-30% more money by taking them apart. You may have excess steel that you want to throw away, but you can bring it down and we will recycle it properly.
- Laptops– These are being found more and more recently. With so many laptops out there from the early 2000’s you should be able to really find a lot of nice ones for scrap. Once upon a time they could be parted out…but with the small screws and gluttony of material out on the market right now it will be tough to really flip them easily.
We are always updating our prices online, and if you have questions you can do a few different things to get in touch with us.
- Call us at 973.625.9560 and we will answer any pricing, material questions, or other scrap related info for you.
- Email us through our Contact Page and you can not only upload pictures, but you can write a few short sentences to let us have a general idea about what you have.
- Stop by!!! We love answering questions and if you have a sample of the material it is always great to see what you have and really get a good analysis on it. Here are the directions.
Anything else that you want to know, even explanations on how the scrap prices have gone down so low in 2015 please let us know and we will get you answers quickly.
Have Questions? Just Ask!
5 Places To Find Copper Scrap
May 2nd, 2021
Copper is one of the highest paying scrap materials in the industry, even when the prices are low. You can find copper almost everywhere but if you need some direction,…
No Value Catalytic Converters – Yes, It’s A Thing
January 16th, 2021
Many people have sent us quotes before and many have seen this response: "Thanks for asking about a quote, unfortunately there is no value for the one you have. Keep…
5 Tips For Visiting Rockaway Recycling
January 15th, 2021
Below we have collected some of our tips about your first or 100th visit when bringing your scrap metal to Rockaway Recycling. Our Goal Is To Get You In &…
4 Easy Places to Find Copper Scrap
January 14th, 2021
We are always asked about our most popular metal, copper, and where to find it. So today I want to go over all of the different places that you can…
7 Ways to Make More Money On Your Scrap Metal
January 12th, 2021
Here at Rockaway Recycling we always like to make sure to give our customers great information on how to make more money on their scrap metal. From copper to computer…