Types Of Batteries For Scrap Metal
Posted: March 9, 2016
So lets talk some batteries I’ll start with the ones we DO BUY.
Types Of Scrap Batteries
- Lead acid is the most common type it will usually have a “Pb” on the battery label. These are from cars, boats, battery back ups, and motorcycles.
- Lithium Ion is also a very common battery used in cell phones, small devices, and various different types of power tools. These batteries will be marked on the back with Li-Ion.
- Absolyte batteries are very common but not many people have access to them. They are usually found in big battery back up units designed for large data centers.
Common Batteries We DO NOT Accept
Now for the types we don’t take make sure you check your batteries for these labels if they have any of these, Rockaway Recycling is not able to recycle them at this time.
- Ni-Cd – Nickel Cadmium make sure you check your power tool batteries some will be nickel cadmium and some will be lithium ion.
- Ni-MH – Nickel Metal Hydride
- Alkaline Batteries – household batteries like; AA, AAA, D, & 9V.
When you have different types of batteries you want to recycle, if we do not accept them at our facility you can always contact your local municipality. They will be able to provide you with resources on how to properly dispose of them.
~ Joe ~
Have Questions About Scrap Batteries? Ask us!
Check Out The Latest News & Updates:
Customer BBQ Donates $1,000 to St. Judes
September 16th, 2019
GREAT SUCCESS! September 2019 - The Rockaway Recycling Team was thrilled to host another Customer Appreciation BBQ benefiting St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Grilling up hamburgers, hotdogs, along with some…
MATERIAL UPDATE: Brass Faucets
September 4th, 2019
Brass Faucets vs. Dirty Brass Faucets Traditionally, Rockaway Recycling has bought brass faucets as "brass" that can be mixed with other various brass items. However... Moving forward, we will be paying…
MATERIAL UPDATE: Aluminum Rims
September 4th, 2019
We often have a lot of customers assume that any rim from a car warrants the same grading price as the Aluminum Rim Price on our website. This is NOT true. We…
Demolition Scrap Metal in New Jersey
August 5th, 2019
Dealing with demolition scrap metal and contractors has become one of the standards at Rockaway Recycling and we look to earn your business as well. Our team provides all types of…
Scrapping Carbide & Tungsten: What To Know
July 31st, 2019
Hey guys, Sean back with a little bit more scrap info. Everyone knows the basic scrap metals but we're going to to discuss rare metals and hit on a certain…