Types Of Batteries For Scrap Metal
Posted: March 9, 2020
So lets talk some batteries I’ll start with the ones we DO BUY.
Types Of Scrap Batteries
- Lead acid is the most common type it will usually have a “Pb” on the battery label. These are from cars, boats, battery back ups, and motorcycles.
- Lithium Ion is also a very common battery used in cell phones, small devices, and various different types of power tools. These batteries will be marked on the back with Li-Ion.
- Absolyte batteries are very common but not many people have access to them. They are usually found in big battery back up units designed for large data centers.
Common Batteries We DO NOT Accept
Now for the types we don’t take make sure you check your batteries for these labels if they have any of these, Rockaway Recycling is not able to recycle them at this time.
- Ni-Cd – Nickel Cadmium make sure you check your power tool batteries some will be nickel cadmium and some will be lithium ion.
- Ni-MH – Nickel Metal Hydride
- Alkaline Batteries – household batteries like; AA, AAA, D, & 9V.
When you have different types of batteries you want to recycle, if we do not accept them at our facility you can always contact your local municipality. They will be able to provide you with resources on how to properly dispose of them.
Have Questions About Scrap Batteries? Ask us!
Check Out The Latest News & Updates:
Scrapping Carbide & Tungsten: What To Know
February 28th, 2022
Rare Stainless Steel Products & Alloys There's a lot of variations of rare stainless steel products such as inconel, hastelloy, moly, and so on but were going to touch on…
5 Places To Find Copper Scrap
May 2nd, 2021
Copper is one of the highest paying scrap materials in the industry, even when the prices are low. You can find copper almost everywhere but if you need some direction,…
No Value Catalytic Converters – Yes, It’s A Thing
January 16th, 2021
Many people have sent us quotes before and many have seen this response: "Thanks for asking about a quote, unfortunately there is no value for the one you have. Keep…
5 Tips For Visiting Rockaway Recycling
January 15th, 2021
Below we have collected some of our tips about your first or 100th visit when bringing your scrap metal to Rockaway Recycling. Our Goal Is To Get You In &…
4 Easy Places to Find Copper Scrap
January 14th, 2021
We are always asked about our most popular metal, copper, and where to find it. So today I want to go over all of the different places that you can…