Do’s and Don’ts of Scrapping
Posted: February 19, 2014
Scrapping can get tricky at times like when to strip wire, how to load your vehicle or how to clean brass and copper. Scrap metal recycling is important but you have to be sure to do it right so that it is worth your time and effort.
- Strip wires that are thicker than a pencil. Whether it has copper or aluminum inside it will be worth it to strip wires that are thicker.
- Cut off soldered ends of copper. Separating your copper based on whether it has solder or paint on it could make a big difference when you are getting paid at the scale.
- Make multiple trips. Overloading a vehicle could cause an accident or ruining your vehicle. Load enough so that you are not over flowing with scrap metal and not putting too much weight on your car or truck.
- Steal! If you don’t ask and it’s not yours the best thing to do is to ask or leave it alone. Stealing is a crime. And with that, protect your own scrap materials. Keep metals locked up or covered in a safe place.
- Try to out-do a scrap yard. At Rockaway Recycling, we know all of the tricks and are very careful when it comes to paying for materials. If you are looking for more money from your materials, check out our YouTube, Facebook or Google+ pages. We are constantly posting scrap tips for you so that you can get the most out of your time.
- Overload your truck. Like I mentioned above, overloading your truck or car could cause huge problems. Make the extra trip and save yourself from a huge mess.
Scrapping is not the easiest job but when you do it the right way it is well worth the time and effort.
Call us: 973-625-9560
For the Morris, Essex, Union, Hudson, Sussex, Passaic, Somerset, and other New Jersey Counties visit us here:
311 W. Main St.
Rockaway, NJ 07866